Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 32 the Twin Cities, MN


We stayed with my cousin Greg Ross in Bloomington, MN and went to the famous Mall of America, a few miles from his house.

The mall is 4 stories tall and has an indoor amusement park in the center.
We guess that during the long cold Minnesota winters,
the mall must be packed with families getting a cure for cabin fever.

Our grandaughter Madison's favorite cartoon character.
I stopped to see my grandparents' graves.
I didn't know much about my grandfather, my mother rarely mentioned him. I was here once before for my grandmother's funeral when I was 13.
I'll try to get his military info and fill in some gaps in the family history when I get to the National Archives in Wash. DC.
My mother was raised in St. Paul's German Evangelical & Reformed Church - now the United Church of Christ.
We always stopped when we visited the family in the Twin Cities when we were kids.

The Sanctuary where the folks got married.
We drove down Summit Ave. in St. Paul past some very impressive mansions to St. Paul's Cathedral and
took a picture of author & radio star Garrison Keillor's house ( Prairie Home Companion)

St. Paul City Hall
My cousins Greg Ross, Mom Lois & sister Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment